Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Still not Running

Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Still not Running

I have been very lazy this month.

As I mentioned in the last post I've taken a rest from running and have opted for the extended rest option rather than starting up only to have any training broken up by our North American vacation which now is in just ten days time.

I have been naughty though and haven't done any cross training at all. I know that's lazy as but really all thoughts have been on our trip with much time being spent online making final arrangements. Also if I can't run then I often struggle to find the inclination to cross train. I should at least be making the effort to get on my exercycle and give my legs a workout. I want to try and get a half day skiing in while at Banff so I expect if I try that after six weeks of in-activity I will be paying a high price.

Injury wise my shins are feeling okay after a months rest though the heel still seems not totally right. I'm not sure if this is PF as there is no sharp pain early in the morning which is apparently a symptom. Hopefully with more rest that will come right, though I expect much time will be spent on my feet while overseas.

Sorry I've also been a bit lax getting around other blogs. Not much fun reading about others workouts and races when you're not doing the same. I hope to catch up with you once I get back into some training come May or June.

Happy running.


Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

Ewen said...

All the best for the trip Bruce - you'll have a brilliant time. No doubt you'll be reading about the Brumbies winning the Super-14 somewhere on your travels ;)

We were in Banff in summer, so not much snow about - some great places to run though (if you're careful to avoid the bears).

I hope the niggles are settled by the skiing and heaps of walking you'll be doing. Have fun!

Scott McMurtrey said...

hope the resting and vacationing have been fruitful.

Journey to a Centum said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip to N. America! Your travel planner looked like you were hitting all the major spots. You must have had an incredible time! Heck, after spending your time up in Jasper and Banff you probably have decided not to return to NZ.

Hopefully your legs have had the rest they needed to heal up. Take a nice slow approach back to running. Do a lot of walk/run stuff at first to really allow those stabalizer muscles to develop and also prevent the tendonitis / shin splints you have been having.

Pictures! We demand Pictures!

Cheers!

Trail Scat

Tra said...

sorry to hear about your shins- i am recovering from pfps so i understand. hopefully you'll have a good trip and be back up running again!
=)