Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: The last week and the week ahead.

Tuesday, 25 September 2007

The last week and the week ahead.

What's happened this last week?

Thursday. Swim, not quite a 1000 m. Goggles giving me problems still.

Friday. Auckland v Otago rugby. Auckland got up for the win by 11 points. Game was a bit flat, poor crowd and not much atmosphere. A typical Auckland crowd some might say.

Saturday. No training, enjoyed a meal out with friends to this place. Heaven for meat eaters with a continuous supply of meat being served at your table. I had two cuts of beef, lamb, sausage, chicken, pork ribs, salmon. No I didn't have desert.

Sunday. Golf at Pukekohe. Another poor round, 100+, lost an incredible eight balls. I'm not playing enough to be consistent. Would rather be running honestly.

Monday. Another swim but goggle problems see me finishing short of the 1000 meters again. Should I just get some new ones?

Tuesday. Slept in and missed my weights workout. Hate those early starts , if I've been up too late then these are almost an impossibility. Will postpone it to Friday.

Tomorrow. Bikram Yoga. Still get that nervous feeling before these classes like when you know you have a really challenging workout ahead of you and you just hope you can get through it in one piece.

Thursday. Will aim for the 1000m swim again. Am seeing a physio just to get my shin / heel checked out and find out if there is more I can do to speed the recovery along.

Friday. The weights session I missed.

Chi running update. Haven't gone too much further with this yet but I am starting into the technique. Practicing some of the technique in my every day walking around just to get a feel for it. Feels like I'm prancing around a bit but apparently this is what it is supposed to feel like?

Happy running all.



Technorati Tags

2 comments:

Pip said...

It does indeed sound like you might need to try some different goggles. I'm envious of your pool time. I was going to start back at the pool this week till the head cold from hell hit. Hence I can also sympathise with your missing running! Lying around in bed for the third day straight has sent me slightly insane. I haven't run since Pelorus Trust, and now I'm doubting I'll be back up to speed in time for Wairarapa Country on 15 October.

Good luck with the shin issues. If nothing else, getting some rest has fixed my sacroileac, so I suppose the imposed bed rest hasn't been all bad!

Ewen said...

I'd be getting new goggles - try a few pairs in the shop to check sealing.

Yes, be careful. You don't want a yoga injury to delay your running comeback.