Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Tagged Again

Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Tagged Again

I've been tagged by Laura. The rules of the tag are;



- Copy the rules (or your version of them) and the set of questions onto your blog

- Post your own answers to the questions

- Tag five new people.



If tagged, you’ll find your name at the end of this post.To be sure everyone tagged knows they’ve been invited to play, go to their blogs and leave them a comment notifying and referring them to your blog for details. Lastly, once the chosen have answered the questions on their own blog, they should come back to yours to tell you. Here are my responses.



1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?



Maybe one or two 30 minutes jogs on the treadmill at the gym.



2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?



Best - The last 500 meters of my first half marathon in 2006. The feeling of accomplishment was amazing.



Worst - Regularly succumbing to shin / foot problems which lead to long periods of no running.



3. Why do you run?



To challenge myself, test my limits , find my boundaries etc etc.



4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you’ve been given about running?



Get some get custom fitted running shoes, don't increase your mileage too fast, shorten your stride length and try not to run on hard surfaces if you want to avoid shin splints.



5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.

Never travel with me on public transport. I have a habit of just jumping on the first bus or train I see and could end up anywhere. Recently I was with a bunch of guys from work and we decided to take the train to a pub for some drinks one Friday after work. The pub was just up at the next stop. As I get a train to work I was in charge of getting everyone on the right train at the right time. Unfortunately we all ended up on an express train that took us to West Auckland. It was an interesting 20 minute trip that I am still often reminded of.

I'm breaking the last rule and not tagging anyone. I've seen this tag around the blog world a bit now so there's probably not many people left to tag.





Technorati Tags



Subscribe in a reader

5 comments:

Ewen said...

Good 'best advice' Bruce. I hope you can truly overcome your injury woes and have more experiences like that first half marathon.

I'm suprised you didn't end up in Europe during your US trip!

I hope Robbie can do it for us again on Saturday night ;) A mate of mine works on the aisles in the stadium and should have a great view of the win.

Anonymous said...

I have run two marathons and it is such a satisfying accomplishment. Great post and good job with your progress.

Tesso said...

You could have done a pub crawl back from West Auckland!

Unknown said...

I'll make sure if I am ever in the area that I do not ask you fro travelling tips. Love the photo on your header.

Steve Stenzel said...

HA! Number 5 is funny! I'd TOTALLY travel with you, just for the excitement of it all!