Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Week one done.

Monday, 2 July 2007

Week one done.

Week one of my eight week reconditioning programme is done and dusted. Pleased to say it went just as planned. No problems missing workouts as I had the previous week. I guess actually having a routine is a great motivator in itself as just by merely creating it you have made a commitment to yourself.

The muscles were a bit sore throughout the week adjusting to the resistance training which they have seen little of in the past six months. I'll continue to take it easy with the weights this week until they get used to the training again.

This week I'm off down country for two days on business and will be over nighting tomorrow in Rotorua, or as we kiwis say Rotovegas given it's attraction to tourists. I'll take some work-out clothes with me and make good use of the Hotels gym facilities.

Our wet winter continued on this weekend and Soccer was again cancelled for the second week in a row. Kids are on holiday now for two weeks and are looking forward to their grandmother coming to stay next week as well Sam's 4th birthday party.

Have a good week.




Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

Pip said...

Hi there! A quick note to say thanks for commenting to my blog. I've been reading yours for a couple of months now, but I'm shocking at posting comments myself. Now I will have to return the favour and actually organise a blog roll. Happy running in Rotorua. It should be lovely. I've been off the pavement dealing with an abductor strain ever since the Harbour Capital half. I'm resorting to spin classes and a x-trainer instead, but it's just not the same!

Scott McMurtrey said...

a good week is always nice to look back on. you'll be back on the roads stronger than ever.

have a nice trip.

and what about the swiss taking it to the kiwis? incredible finish either way.

Ewen said...

Good use of time there Bruce while you're off running.

Damn shame about the old mug. I was hoping you guys would win it. Of course, can't say the same thing about the rugby on Saturday night.

Kate said...

I definitely agree that a plan makes things easier. I stick to my running programme like glue (hmm.. maybe paste), but I'm HOPEless at sticking to my other planned workouts, which are the ones planned in my head, and not by Mr Furman..