Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: No Running, Just Golfing

Sunday, 8 July 2007

No Running, Just Golfing

With still no running to write about the blog is turning into a bit of a multi sport blog rather than a running blog.

Played golf today at the Howick Golf Club, which would have to rate as one of the most scenic courses in the city with it's panoramic views out over the Hauraki Gulf. The weather today was cool but fine and the views on offer when we got out to the top of the course, including Rangitoto and across to Waiheke Island, certainly make this golf course an attractive one to visit.

We've had a lot of rain here in the last three weeks and I got to the course this morning to be told that there were no trundlers allowed because of the very wet course conditions. My mind quickly turned to how I was going to lug my full sized bag around particularly as I do not carry the shoulder strap with me.

It all worked out fine. I ended up shooting 89 which was one over my handicap.

I quickly worked out a very economical way of carrying the bag which involved basically hoisting it to the top of my back laying it across my shoulders. while holding the straps at the base and top of the bag.

Overall my putting is what got me through today. Driving was okay with some good straight drives but also some sliced, chipping was pretty solid most of the day. Long to medium irons is where I struggled today, but generally recovered through a good chip or putt.

The reconditioning programme has gone well this week again not missing a workout.

Have a good week.


 Subscribe in a reader

5 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

Nice golf game Bruce! And what views!!

Ewen said...

Looks like a top spot Bruce.

SA had us worried in the first half on Saturday night. Bad luck about the Warriors.

Unknown said...

I haven't played golf much since I started running 5 years ago, but the best I ever shot was a 92. I know who I need to come to now if I take up golfing anytime soon.

Love2Run said...

Yeah, I used to golf too before I took up running (one addiction for another) and only broke 90 once in my 'career'. Nice work with the bag. Maybe a rope sling next time ;-)

Anonymous said...

Quite right! Idea good, I support.