Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: 2007 in Review

Saturday, 29 December 2007

2007 in Review

We've had a relatively quiet Christmas this year, with the only family around being my Dad and Michelle's Nana. The rest of our immediate family are wide spread with M's parents in San Francisco at present, my Sister in England (expecting their second child any day now) and my Mum and M's Sister in Nelson.

Still we had a cool Christmas, just at home with my Dad and M's Nana coming over for Christmas lunch. They boys had a great day and were very grateful for all the presents they received. Favourites for Sam were a Star Wars Light saber and a Cricket set while Jack's favourite was a new battery operated train set. They each also got a new scooter each which are getting a great amount of use.



I had Thursday and Friday off work and they have been mainly spent relaxing at home though he weather has been good enough to get us all down to the beach on both days for a quick cool off in the water.

As we come to the end of 2007 I thought we would have a look back at year by delving into some interesting numbers summing up the past year;

319 - Miles run
39 - Hours run
421000 - Number of steps run ( based on 180 per minute)
1500 - Ice cubes melted icing shins
40000 - Meters swam
4 - Months I had off running
85 - Litres of Powerade drunk
100 - Hours of stretching (excludes any pre or post run stretching)
80 - Number of posts to the blog
85 - Weight at start of the year (kg's)
89 - Weight at end of the year (I put the increase down to less running in the second half!)
23 - Finish time in my first ever 5 K race back in April.

The Shin Report

The shin actually feels like its taken a bit of a backward step this week. I'm starting to notice it more in my last two or three runs. I had a check up with the physio on Thursday and she has given me some more exercises to strengthen abs, quads and glutes. Calf exercises and stretching continues. We are suspected possible weaknesses in those areas might also be a factor. I've had to basically write a training plan mixing all the exercises up over two days otherwise I would be at it for up to an hour a night.

Training this week has been as follows;

Sunday - Run 65 minutes (a very slow 10K had the boys tagging along on bikes for the first half).
Monday - Swim 30 Minutes
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - Run 30 Minutes
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Run 35 Minutes

That's all folks, hope you all have a great New Year.


Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Sounds like a fantastic Christmas :-) Have a Happy New Year too, Bruce!

Love2Run said...

Glad to hear you had a great holiday. Now let's see you set some good goals for the New Year that will fix your running up. Lots of room for improvement, right?

Unknown said...

I hope the shin problems are not a factor in 2008. Have a Happy New Year!

Thomas said...

Happy New Year, and get over those shin problems, will you? Those numbers leave room for improvement!

P.S.: 300 steps per minute? I don't think so. 180 per minute is normal.

Bruce said...

You're right Thomas, wasn't thinking to cleary then. 300 is a bit fast.

Ewen said...

Of course you had a cool Christmas mate - don't you live in New Zealand?
;)

Let's hope some of those numbers are bigger (miles run) and some smaller (ice cubes melted) in 2008. All the best.

By the way, I like the look of that 10k in 65 minutes.