Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Heading South

Saturday, 11 August 2007

Heading South

I have not done much in the way of training since my last post. Just a Bodypump class at the gym on Thursday morning.

I must also admit to starting to get a little lazy with my stretching routine. I seem to have dropped the daily stretching in favour of two to three times a week, plus the Body Balance class.

I would estimate I'm still several weeks away from running again, so I can pick this up again later if I feel more is needed.

This morning started with a fine 2-0 win for Jack's Soccer team. The team has really come on strongly in recent weeks. From out last six games we have four wins, a draw and a loss. We have scored ten goals and conceded two. Overall for the season to date we have played 13, won 5, drawn 4 and lost 4. It's amazing the improvement some of the kids have made since our first few outings. From starting out with two or three stand out players we now have a team where everyone is contributing which I think has been the reason for the success in these last six games.

Today Michelle has left for a bit of a girls weekend with her mum and some work mates to Waiheke Island for the night. After seeing her off on the ferry the boys and I went up to Mairangi Bay beach for a picnic before heading home for the afternoon.

Tomorrow afternoon I am heading off to Dunedin on a work trip for two nights. I've never been to Dunedin before so it will be a good chance to have a bit of a look around. I have meetings Monday morning but the afternoon will be spent driving the Southern Scenic Route to Invercargil, the southern most city of New Zealand. Again I've never been this far south so I hope to take in a bit of the scenery on the way.

Again, as with my last trip, I will hopefully be making use of the hotel's gym facilities.

Have a good weekend.

 Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

get that shin better even if it means a week or so break from any training. have a nice trip!

Ewen said...

I would have thought NZers would have been everywhere in New Zealand! Looks like a nice drive - hope it's not raining. You might spot some ice bergs.

Legs and Wings said...

It all sounds good. Getting out to someplace different is always a treat.

I see you call soccer...soccer and not football? Good on you!

Bruce said...

Ewen, it's often cheaper for us Aucklanders to fly the tasman than fly to the South Island you know.

Robb, yeah the officials have started calling it football but it hard to change old habits eh.