Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Still waiting to Run

Friday, 17 August 2007

Still waiting to Run

The long wait continues as I am still not ready to lace up the running shoes, well not to run anyway. I won't go on about all the boring details but let me just say this rehab thing is a slow process. Nothing happens quickly.

I started the week with two nights down in far south of the country in Dunedin and Invercargill, two cities I had never been to before so that was something a bit different.

The temperatures down there were verging on zero, a good ten degrees C lower than what we usually get up here in Auckland at this time of the year. On my drive down to Invercargill on Monday afternoon the roadside and surrounding hills were blanketed by a good covering of snow from the night before. Here are a few photos from the trip.



Tahakopa Bay, Southland. Almost as far south on the NZ mainland as you can go. Looks perfect but imagine it at almost zero degree C with a brisk southerly blowing (read northerly for any northern hemisphere readers).



Catlins River mouth, Southland.

My only workout this week has been while in Dunedin on the hotels elliptical trainer and bike.

Monday night I saw Die Hard 4 in Invercargill. I always have been a keen Bruce Willis fan and this movie didn't disappoint. Lots of action filled with unbelievable stunts.

Tuesday afternoon /evening I was stuck at Christchurch airport for five hours after Air New Zealand decided to cancel two flights back to Auckland. Eventually got home at 10.30pm.

Wednesday night Michelle and I watched a movie at home, Michelle's choice this one, The Holiday with Cameron Diaz & Kate Winslet. Not quite Die Hard but it was okay I guess.

Thursday slept in so missed morning workout then left my gear bag at home so couldn't swim at lunch time, not that I was too fussed to be honest.

Today, another rest day.

The weekend, I will go to the gym tomorrow. Not sure yet whether I'll do Body Pump, Body Balance or just go on the bike. Sunday I'm playing a game of golf.




Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you can get back to running soon. It must be very difficult to be patient, but you are doing well.

Beautiful photos!

Ewen said...

Looks a lot like the east Tassie coast Bruce. For me, a place to visit in early February!

The first Die Hard was the best. '4' is on our list of movies to see - sounds good.

Scott McMurtrey said...

those are some great photos, no matter how cold it is. :)

die hard 4 was great! one of the, if not the, most entertaining movie i've seen this season.

Unknown said...

Very cool pics. I hope you are back to running soon...and pain free.