Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Easy does it

Monday, 22 October 2007

Easy does it

Last week I continued my slow and easy progress back from injury. The week went something like this;

Monday - Swim 1200 m

Tuesday - Walk/ Run 14 minutes

Wednesday - Bikram yoga. Despite missing a session the week before due to illness, I went okay. I've got my breathing under control now not like the first class I did when I was puffing like a 100 meter sprinter.

Thursday - Walk / Run 15 minutes

Friday - No training

Saturday - Walk / Run 16 Minutes

Sunday - Nothing

Monday (today) - Walk /Run 16 minutes


The shin is feeling okay when out running. No noticeable soreness. Still have some slight aching afterwards but nothing too serious. Am continuing the icing to be safe.

Heel problem (bruising) is perhaps more of a concern and ached a bit on Saturday but wasn't so bad today.

Have another check up with the physio to week.

Have a good week all.



Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

sounds like a step or two in the right direction. wishing you more sore free running.

Ewen said...

Good luck with the gradual progression Bruce. From little steps big things grow :)

I guess you didn't bother getting up for the final. Not a pretty game, but good to see the Poms go down.