Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: What to do after watching your national team self destruct?

Sunday, 7 October 2007

What to do after watching your national team self destruct?

Below is my first attempt at posting a video from You Tube. Perhaps check it out then return to this post.

So to what do after watching your national team self destruct?

Being the last day of the school holidays we had a nice family day out and headed for the beach and then followed that with a little bush walk. We visited Wenderholm beach, about 25 minutes north of us. It was a beautiful day, quite warm considering it is still spring. They boys played in the sand and paddled in the water while I lay on the beach taking in the suns rays while contemplating how on earth we could have lost that game.




When we were done at the beach having polished off one of Michelle's great bacon and egg pies, we headed for a bit of a walk in the trails nearby.

Here's the start of the trail and a Maori carving at the entrance to the trail. No the trail is not all this smooth!







Taking a rest half way up the hill....



and another rest at the top.




But what about the view!




The trails in this regional park would make for some great trail running and I hope to be back some day to run them. The full trail is just short of 5km so two laps of that would see me doing two decent climbs and almost 10km.

That's all from me, hopefully we will be able to bounce back after our disappointment of today, but I expect to encounter a fair amount of depression in the next few days.

Happy running and have a good week.


 Subscribe in a reader

7 comments:

Marcy said...

Oooooooooo how nice!!! Looks beautiful :-)

Kate said...

Wow- I'm jealous (as you'll have seen what WE had for weather yesterday- it went well with the black clouds of depression!!!)

Coming back to work and reliving it all over was the worst!!

Unknown said...

I must say that in spite of being a HUGE sports fan, I know less than nothing about rugby. I do know all about brutal defeats, so I feel for you and your team.

That looks like a fantastic place. Sounds like you and the family had a great time.

Scott McMurtrey said...

don't be depressed for too long. well, not longer than a few months at least.

Ewen said...

I heard the NZ government is ordering a Royal Commission ;)

Saw the last 15 minutes when I was getting ready for the half - couldn't believe what I was seeing. Almost as shocking as us getting beaten by the Poms!

Unknown said...

Nice photos of the family and the view as well.

Laura said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and somewhat new to the world of running. I was interested to read about your shin splint recovery and glad ot hear you are doing better!
I was just diagnosed with something my doctor called "possible shin splint like tears" in my femur and hip bones and he put me on crutches/no weight on the right leg. How long did it take you to get back to running after your diagnosis? I raised money for TNT to run the Arizona marathon this January.
Thanks for any advice!
Laura