Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Cautiously Optimistic

Saturday, 3 November 2007

Cautiously Optimistic

Another week has gone by and I have managed another three runs. The walking intervals are gradually getting further and further apart and so far so good. Here's how the week panned out;

Monday - Run/walk 21 minutes

Tuesday - Swim 1200 m (35 minutes)

Wednesday - Run/ walk 24 minutes

Thursday - Golf at Takapuna. Shot 93. This was a practice round for my 36 hole tournament in Mata Mata next weekend. Quite happy with the round particularly after my last two outings which were less than impressive.

Friday - Nothing

Saturday - Run / walk 25 minutes.

Still icing the shin , mainly on run days. Stretching etc is still a pretty much daily routine also.

Have another check up with the physio this week to check on the progress. Might see if she can recommend a sports massage for the calfs to loosen them up some more. This has been suggested to me previously as an option to loosen tight calfs. Now that I'm running (sort of) i might look at say a monthly massage.

This week I will be maintaining the gradual increase in time on my feet. Since I'm going away next weekend I will run on Monday (28 minutes), Wednesday (29 minutes) and Friday (32 minutes). Walking breaks will be every 7 minutes by Friday.

Thats all for now.



Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Looks like a good week!! Really good!! ;D ;D

Ewen said...

You're going well Bruce. Good to see!

No reason not to keep the walking breaks in there, even as the time gets longer.

Good luck with the golf :)

Unknown said...

Things seem to be going well. Just don't get hurt out on the golf course :)

Unknown said...

Hi Bruce, looks like you're building things up, which is great! Just don't fall into my trap of building up too fast and going backwards. It's really important to keep up the ice if your shins are sore, but also adding massage is a good way to loosen them up and get them mobile. I've put a list of my tactics in a blog post.

Keep at it!