Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Monday Morning Run

Monday, 9 April 2007

Monday Morning Run

A quick post on this morning run before we leave for Hastings.

I was out the door by 6.30 this morning. It was a crisp and clear morning, perfect running conditions. I set out a little uncertain about how I would go with my calfs still being a little tight and my shins playing up recently.

I just took it nice and slow right from the start, the idea being that I would make this run a slightly longer distance to what I have been running lately to partly make up for Saturdays missed run plus looking ahead to next weekends 11 km Xterra, I felt I needed at least one run of around that distance.

I ran my usual loop and felt good at the halfway point so ended up running for almost an hour.

- Distance - 10.6 km (6.58 miles)
- Time - 58:06
- Pace - 5:29 k's (8:50 miles)
- Max HR 139
- Ave HR 132

Not sure about that HR. Seems a bit low. Maybe the machine has malfunctioned? What should my HR be for a long slow run?

That's all for now, we're off. Have good week.



Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

0 comments: