Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Weekly Wrap

Sunday, 8 April 2007

Weekly Wrap

It was a light week this week with only two runs and one swim. Cancelled Saturdays planned run as the shins were feeling a little tender. Shin splints is one injury that I've had the misfoutune to suffer a bit from since a took up regular running almost a year ago. I've learned now that it doesn't pay to ignore them too often, chances are they will just get worse. So I opted for a Swim instead.

- Ran a total of 14.8 km (9.2 miles)in 1 hr 15
- Swam 1,000 meters in 30 minutes.

Also played a round of Golf today. Shot a 91, five over my handicap. A little disappointed with that but as I only play once or twice a month it's hard to achieve the level of consistency needed to shoot low scores. As usual too many blow outs with four triple bogies costing me dearly today.

The Plan this Week

Tomorrow morning we are heading down to Hastings (on NZ's east coast and a good seven hour drive from Auckland) to catch up with family. We have four nights there and then two in Rotorua on the way home. On Saturday in Rotorua I'm running in the Xterra 11 km Trail Run which I've entered. Training this week will be 7 km tomorrow morning before we leave and then one run down in Hastings of what ever distance I can fit in.

Happy running.

0 comments: