Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Short, Slow & Wet

Thursday, 29 March 2007

Short, Slow & Wet

I went out for another short jog today. Nice and easy and short so as not to risk re injuring the calf.

- Distance - 4.6 km (2.85 miles)
- Time - 26 minutes
- Pace - 5.40 min k's (9.07 min miles)
- Max HR 162, Ave HR 145

It was a really wet day here today, did not stop raining all day. Big floods up north. Fortunately we were spared the worst of the bad weather here in Auckland an I was able to get out with a work colleague, Craig, during lunch time. We just did one and a half laps of the Domain. The rain wasn't too hard, just a steady light rain. Hardly noticed it really as Craig and I were just chatting the whole way and before we new it the run was over. In fact I was thinking that a year ago I don't think I would have been able to carry on a conversation while running, so that fact that I can now is a sure sign that my base fitness is way better than its ever been.

I could feel the calf throughout the run. It's still not 100% right. Over the last kilometer it did start to tighten fractionally. Seeing the Pyhsio again tomorrow.



Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

1 comments:

Mike said...

Bruce, thanks for the comment. Looks like we have a few things in common, including running, raising kids and liking Crowded House.

I just got my tickets to see the band when they come to Tempe next month and I can't wait.

Good luck with the calf and good running to you. I'd love to be running in the land of Arthur Lydiard.