Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Thursday's Run

Thursday, 15 March 2007

Thursday's Run

We're making progress, today marked the shortest turn around yet between runs since taking up the new Pose Method. Evidently it is quite normal for new comers to experience quite sore calfs for the first one or two weeks after starting the technique and I have been no exception. Today though I was able to back up after Tuesdays run and get out there again.

Today I wanted a pretty flat run which would just allow me to practice the technique some more and just think about how I was running. I also wanted to make this run a bit of a speed workout.

I set out from my work at lunch time with one other colleague around a 2.6K circuit around the Auckland Domain. This is a run I do pretty regularly and today we did three laps.

- Run 8 Km (5 miles) in 41:20
- Max HR 181 Ave HR 160.
- Pace 5.10 minute Ks (8.30 minute miles)

During the second and third laps I concentrated on picking the pace up a bit which I maintained for a good 1.5 - 2 K on each lap.

The technique felt okay. I felt I was landing more on the front of my foot than in my previous run when I think I was landing too flat footed. The heel lift on landing is coming along and I noticed today that as I pick up speed the heel lift gets a bit higher and I seem to have a bit more spring or bounce in my step. Is that what I'm supposed to feel?

Sunday I have the Round the Bays Fun Run, an 8.2K run along the Auckland Waterfront. There will be 70,000+ people there so it will no doubt be a slow start until the field spreads out. It's a nice run though with a good atmosphere so hopefully we'll get a great day for it.


Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

0 comments: