Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: The Weekends Bike Ride

Saturday, 24 March 2007

The Weekends Bike Ride

Did my usual ride this afternoon. I like to do one bike ride a week if I can. Main reason is that I have found if I run too much or on consecutive days I am injury prone, shin splints in particular has been my main problem. Biking offers a great cross training option though and with my present calf strain still keeping me from running, biking and swimming are my only options for maintaining fitness at present. I've only got a mountain bike as I like to get off road when I can also(which isn't much) but it still allows me a good workout on the roads.

Today's ride is a mixture of some good hill climbs and faster sections. Good conditions, an average run with the traffic lights and only a few idiots on the roads.

- Distance - 20Km (12.4 miles)
- Time - 56:30
- Ave speed - 21.2 KPH (13.2 MPH)
- Max HR 163
- Ave HR 143

Calf is coming along slowly but surely. Hope to get out for light run on Thursday this week.


Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

1 comments:

Love2Run said...

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for the visit. Looks like you've got a good routine going. That's a nice pace for your 1st 1/2. The trick is slowly building up the miles (aka Lydiard the great NZ coach)