Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Thank God it's Friday

Friday, 30 March 2007

Thank God it's Friday

The end of the week is here and what a busy week it's been. I wasn't able to get to the pool on Monday or Wednesday due to being too busy at work, but I had no intention of missing out on my weekly swim workout and headed down to the pool at lunch time today.

- Distance - 1200 m
- Time - 37 minutes.

I know that's pretty slow and I'm still keen for any comments or tips on improving my speed. Today I experimented a little bit.

- I usually breath every second stroke to the right side. Today I tried breathing every third stroke on alternate sides and also breathing every four strokes to the right. It's probably something I just need to persevere with a bit more but I could probably find a bit more speed if I went with one of these methods.

- I think I've got quite a slow arm turnover so I tried concentrating on pulling through the water faster. I'm sure that helped with my speed a bit but I would definitely tire quicker and my form/technique would probably suffer after too long.

- Kicking is another area which I could probably work on. I seem to have quite a slow kick compared to the faster swimmers.

The Physio is happy with the progress of the Calf. I've had no ill effects from the two lite runs this week. Will go for 6-7 K tomorrow.


Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

0 comments: