Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: A Thursday Swim

Thursday, 22 March 2007

A Thursday Swim

Today's Swim.

- Distance - 1300 metres
- Time - 39 minutes

The swim felt pretty good. I got into a nice rhythm after about 500 metres or so and was able to keep that going for the duration.

I'm a pretty slow swimmer and I guess this probably comes down to technique. Other swimmers often seem to just cruise by me with ease. I've never had any formal swimming lessens so if I'm going to increase my speed I would say I'm probably going to need a few lessons from a swimming coach at some stage.

I have concentrated on increasing the power in my kicking and making a nice smooth stroke. My stroke and pull through the water is perhaps a little slow and I guess I could try to pick this up as I swim more often.

When I'm running again though I'll only be swimming once a week so there won't be much opportunity to work on this.

I welcome any tips /comments on improving my swimming and speed.


Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

0 comments: