Blog Directory - Blogged A Kiwi on the Run: Watching the Weight

Monday, 19 March 2007

Watching the Weight

My current weight is 85 kg (187 pounds).

My weight has remained pretty constant at around 85 kg for the last six months. I'm not too unhappy about that as I pretty much eat what I feel like (within reason) and the level of exercise which I have been doing is really just sufficient to maintain my current weight.

If I was to really watch what I eat then I'm sure I would be able to lose more. I'm pretty comfortable with the weight at the moment and it is certainly a great improvement on where it was two years ago when I tipped the scales at an all time high of 97kg (214 pounds) after several years of relative in-activity.

Even a year ago I was still around 95kg and the weight only really started to come off around the middle of last year when I really picked up my training as I set out to run my first Half Marathon which was 29 October last year.

I would like to run the Half Marathon again this year and would also like to enter a few other events between now and then to maintain the interest and give me something to aim for. As I increase my mileage in preparation for these events together with watching my nutrition my goal weight is 80kg (176 pounds).

On this page I will update my weight on a monthly basis and comment on what specifically I've done in the last month to control my weight.


Technorati Tags

 Subscribe in a reader

0 comments: